Friday, August 19, 2011

Favorite New Series


I have to tell you about my new favorite book series!  My teenage son first read The Hunger Games this summer and literally could not put in down.  He insisted I read it & I absolutely LOVED it!  It is the story of 16 year old Katniss, who lives in District 12 in the post-apocalyptic country of Panem.  All of the Districts are controlled by a powerful government which is know as the Capitol. As punishment of rebellion against the Capitol, they hold an annual Hunger Games. The Capitol conducts a random selection of 1 boy and 1 girl from each district competes in a televised fight to the death.  I can't tell you anymore or else I will be giving it away but trust me, it is a page turner!



Two days later we were in the bookstore buy the second book in the series, Catching Fire


And three days later we were back buying the final book, Mocking Jay


I SO highly recommend this series for young adults-even my Mom loved it!  Has anyone else read this series?  Did you like it as much as we did?

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Yes, I read the series and really liked it. The Hunger Games movie comes out March 23; it will be interesting to see how true it is to the book.

Kathleen said...

And mom is STILL waiting for the last book!!!!

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Love the author's name...my daughter's is Sheridan Suzanne Collins :)
Hope you had a good summer and the Phoenix sun isn't too bad :) Have the monsoons moved in yet?...my fav!
My kiddos are back in school and I can finally get my house organized! So lazy this summer. Talk to you soon!